Please read the following information PRIOR to logging in!
IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING CONTINUING EDUCATION ONLINE
The old information for continuing education classes completed is still showing on your online account.
PLEASE DO NOT DELETE ANY ENTRIES; THERE IS NO WAY OUR OFFICE CAN RECOVER THEM.
IMPORTANT UPCOMING CHANGES
On June 19, 2020 the Board Resolution 2020-3 addresses changes of on-line CE from 50% to 70% for reporting period ending June 30, 2021.
Effective January 1, 2020 the CE hours will be changing to the following:
CPR and Ethics have their own category
Is the CPR and Ethics requirement part of my hourly requirement or is there a separate requirement?
Your total number of hours should include your CPR and Ethics. When reporting your hours in the system, you will also see a Category “CPR” as well as a category “Ethics.” Make sure you report this accurately so that when we run a compliance report at the end of the reporting period, you will show as compliant!
Do I just take basic CPR?
The Rules state that your CPR must be one of the following:
American Heart Association/Basic Life Support Healthcare Provider Level
American Red Cross/ Basic Life Support Professional Rescuer Level
(*Courses for the Professional Rescuer sponsored by the Veterans Administration or Armed Forces shall also be recognized for approval)
*NO ONLINE CPR COURSES WILL BE ACCEPTED!*
Can I take an Ethics course online?
Yes. If you have not already taken one, you may take a free online Ethics course at www.dentalethics.org.
When is the current reporting period?
This reporting period began July 1, 2019 and ends June 30, 2021. All hours must be reported no later than June 30, 2021 into the online system.
How do I report my hours?
To login to your online account CLICK HERE. Please make sure to read all of the provided information on this tab before logging in to save yourself time and possible frustration. (This is the same system that you use to renew your license if you renew online).
How do I know my hours saved?
Our best advice while entering your hours is to hit the “Save” button after each entry. This system will time you out after 20 minutes if you have not clicked on an “activity” button (which is what the save button is). We have had several licensees sit down and enter all of their hours at once and by the time they hit save they have already been timed out, the system throws them back to the login screen, and nothing entered was saved. Please please please login to your online account and make sure all of your hours are in there. After each entry, if the system has saved successfully, you should see a purple banner across the top confirming successful save. Please ensure to use the correct date format when entering in the date of your hours (mm/dd/yyyy). If the incorrect format is used on the date it will not save the information and give you an error at the top of the page.
What are these categories? Are these new?
The CE categories have been in the Rules for several years now, but most have not been aware since Board Office staff used to enter your hours for you! We have a printable version of the CE categories at the top of this page just before you get to the link for the online system. It is imperative that you familiarize yourself with these categories before you begin entering your hours to ensure they are reported correctly! CPR and Ethics have their own category, make sure you report them accurately so that when we run our compliance report at the end of the reporting period, you will show as compliant!
• Hours cannot rollover. Only hours accrued in the current reporting period may be reported for CE credit.
• Any hours saved successfully in the online system will appear under the Continuing Education tab each time you login. (Meaning you no longer need to call the Board to find out how many hours you have)
• Failure to report your required CE will result in a $1,000 fine for dentists and a $500 fine for dental hygienists, and you will still be required to make-up the hourly shortage before you may begin reporting for the next reporting period.
• The online reporting system is run on an “honor system,” therefore the Board will be conducting an audit at the end of the reporting period. Should your license number get chosen for an audit, you will be required to produce proof of completion of each course reported. Reporting courses not taken could result in disciplinary action against your license by the Board.
• The Board is no longer saving sign in sheets... Course sponsor sign in sheets submitted to the Board does NOT mean your hours have been reported for you. You are still required to login and report your hours. Should you get audited, you will be required to submit verification of course completion.
For assistance with logging in, please call the HelpDesk at (405)521-2444. The Board Office does not have any access to usernames or passwords. If you have questions about anything else, feel free to call the Board Office during normal business hours.
Please keep in mind our office is very small staffed with 2 office staff, and there are about 13,000 licensees and permit holders. Emailing the Board Office can most often get a faster response than calling, especially during renewal period and close to the CE Deadline.