EXECUTIVE ORDER 2007-3
I, Brad Henry, Governor of the State of Oklahoma, pursuant to the power vested in me by Section 2 of Article VI of the Oklahoma Constitution, hereby declare the following:
- All of the 77 counties in Oklahoma are currently under a severe winter weather watch or warning for freezing rain, ice, snow and/or flooding effective today, January 12, 2007 and continuing. The entire State is being affected.
- It may be necessary to provide for the rendering of mutual assistance among the State and political subdivisions of the State with respect to carrying out disaster emergency functions during the continuance of the State emergency pursuant to the provisions of the Oklahoma Emergency Management Act of 2003.
- There is hereby declared a disaster emergency caused by the snow and ice storms, and flooding in the entire State of Oklahoma that threatens the lives and property of the people of this State and the public's peace, health and safety
- State agencies, in responding to this disaster emergency, may make necessary emergency acquisitions to fulfill the purposes of this proclamation without regard to limitations or bidding requirements on such acquisitions.
- The State Emergency Operations Plan has been activated and resources of all State departments and agencies available to meet this emergency are hereby committed to the reasonable extent necessary to protect lives and to prevent, minimize, and repair injury and damage. These efforts shall be coordinated by the Director of the Department of Emergency Management with comparable functions of the federal government and political subdivisions of the State.
- This Executive Order shall terminate at the end of thirty (30) days.
Copies of this Executive Order shall be distributed to the Director of Emergency Management who shall cause the provisions of this order to be implemented by all appropriate agencies of state government.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, I have hereunto set my hand and caused the Great Seal of the State of Oklahoma to be affixed at Oklahoma City, this 12 day of January, 2007.